Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Week In The Life: Wednesday

Having a bottle on the couch. It's made up as a bed because Daddy goes out there to catch some extra Z's after M wakes up crazy early in the morning. She usually gets back in bed with me - with varying results.

I made dessert chips for after lunch. I love these so hard. Let me see if I can copy/paste the recipe I posted on Facebook...

Brown sugar cinnamon tortilla chips. Yummy yummy. I'm still perfecting the recipe, but here's what I'm going to do next time: set oven to broil, mix up sugar/brown sugar/cinnamon to taste, cut up tortillas into desired shapes, lightly brush with olive oil on both sides, place on cookie sheet, sprinkle with spice mixture, place in oven. Cook time depends on how 'done' you want them to be. I want mine slightly golden around the edges, and mostly crispy. Using corn tortillas will give you more of a Dorito crisp vibe, whereas flour is usually a little chewier. Since they're dessert chips, I prefer flour tortillas, but that's a matter of taste. ;)

 Something I forgot to say on Facebook was that you should NEVER walk away from these. Count to 60 twice, and then crack the oven door so you can watch them. My chips usually take about 3 minutes to cook if the oven is completely pre-heated when I put them in. But since it's set on Broil, it will always cook up super quick!

The honeysuckle outside is literally taking over the house. Gotta love it.

I have come to the conclusion - from hours of 'forced' consumption - that the Backyardigans live in the perfect world. A world where, with the exception of one Christmas special, it is eternally summer. But not the 108 degrees far too hot to go outside summer. No, they live in that magical time between school letting out (they're all old enough for at least preschool) and the crazy heat. And they live in a neighborhood where their parents know the neighbors and are okay with their kids running around in each other's backyards unsupervised in the afternoons.

I want to live in that world. Please, please, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment